Ask ten people what they think of me and here's what you'll get:

1. Virginian
  2. Random
  3. Funny
  4. Outdoorsy
  5. Soccer
  6. Adventurous
  7. Dad
  8. Caring
  9. Coach
  10. Happy 

But who am I? I'm originally from California but moved to Georgia when I was 11. I identify as a Southerner but am repeatedly told I'm not from the South. I spent 30 years slowly moving north, doing stints in Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia before arriving in Alaska in 2012.

I am blessed with a mother who helped me realized I belong outside and a father that helped me grow. I played soccer until my body broke and still would rather be on the field playing than anywhere else on earth. I hike. I camp. I fish. I read and spend too much time playing video games.

I went to college to become a National Park Ranger and spent my youthful summers working in parks for various three letter agencies. I've gotten to see some of the most beautiful places in our great country and still consider Helton Creek Falls the closest to Heaven I'll ever get here on earth. It's the only place I've ever been that always feels like home.

I've worked as a Busboy, Toy Store Clerk, Cashier, Camp Counselor, River Ranger, Park Ranger, Resident Hall Director, Soccer Coach, Computer Technician, Technical Writer and Learning Program Manager. I've spent time at companies good and bad, non-profit and money makers, governmental and private. As a young boy, I dreamed of saving the planet from my fire lookout tower and spent time in adulthood protecting hundreds of thousands of acres behind a computer.

I always wanted a family and am blessed with the best. My wife, Clare, is my best friend and companion on this thing called life. I was lucky enough to spend the first years of my kids' lives working from home. I have cleaned up spills, changed diapers, spent sleepless nights, gone to countless doctors appointments, smiled, clapped, cried, and watched them each grow into three beautiful people who are better than I could hope to be.

So, who am I? I'll let you know when I find out.