Create a Bio/About Me
An effective Bio/About Me informs your viewers to browse the ePortfolio and typically has a mixture of text and images that is meaningful for the ePortfolio owner and is descriptive.
Make sure you are logged in and have clicked on the desired ePortfolio. Make sure the ePortfolio is in Edit mode.
1. Click on the Home section. Add a new page to the section by clicking Add/Edit next to View Pages and select Add Page.
2. Title the page name About Me or Bio and click Save.
3. Click Add A Module and the Rich Text module is automatically selected.
4. Click Add This Module at the bottom of the module box.
5. Click the Edit tab in order to add text, images, or tables to the module.
6. Type into the textbox using proper grammar, complete sentences, and semi-professional prose. You can include the following:
- Where you are from,
- Your degree and focus,
- Your career plan,
- Your expected graduation year,
- A short personal story that highlights your positive characteristics,
- How you spend your free time (but think semi-professional descriptions),
- Any major turning points or obstacles you have faced.
*Note: You can begin by giving five facts about yourself, and refine and edit your bio later.
6. Insert an image with the Insert Media button in the toolbar of the module. It is the icon in-between the Insert File and Insert a new Table icon.
7. We recommend that you select a picture that is saved on your computer. Click Browse to find a picture. You can choose to align your picture left or right. The picture size can be adjusted by entering a number into one field and leaving the second field blank. You can also adjust the picture once it's been uploaded by clicking the image and dragging the handles. After the image is selected, click Insert to upload the picture.
*Warning: adjusting pictures larger than 300 will result in distortion and pixelation. Add large pictures in a media module or in the gallery module*
8. Adjust text and picture placement with the justifying icons in the toolbar of the module.
9. Make sure to spell check with the √ ABC icon in the module's toolbar.
10. Click Save in the upper left corner to save your work.
11. Click the View Text tab at the top of the module to view the module.
12. Click Publish on the top of the module to publish the module.
13. Click Publish Changes to confirm the publishing and to allow others to view the module.
*To move the module around the page in relation to other modules, click Edit tab at the top of the screen. A tab on the module labeled Drag to Reorder will appear above the upper right corner of the module. Click and drag the module to the desired location.
Good examples of Bios/About Me can be found below