How do I create a Tagxedo?
Tagxedo turns words -- famous speeches, news articles, slogans and themes, even your love letters -- into a visually stunning word cloud, words individually sized appropriately to highlight the frequencies of occurrence within the body of text.
1. Go to http://www.tagxedo.com
2. Click Start now to enter text, or enter a URL or twitter address.
3. You can adjust the text by clicking Load, skip words by clicking Word/Layout Options, upload a unique silhouette by clicking Shape among other options.
4. Take a screenshot of the Tagxedo to save it to the computer.
*Mac users: Hold down the following to select a portion of the screen to save: Command, Shift, 4. Move the cursor of the area you want to capture. It is automatically saved to the desktop as Picture or Screenshot.
*PC users: Search for the Snipping Tool to select a portion of the screen, and click Save As. Save it to the desktop as Capture.
5. To upload the Tagxedo, make sure you are logged in and have selected the appropriate ePortfolio. Make sure the ePortfolio is in Edit mode. You can either add a new Page, a new Section, or use a pre-existing page or section. You can upload it in an Image/Video/Audio Module (recommended), in a Rich Text Module using the Insert Media icon, or in a Gallery Module.
Note: Safari was used in creating and uploading the image below.
Good examples of Tagxedos can be found below