How do students grant their instructor ePortfolio viewing access to a course ePortfolio?
The first step is to create a course. For instructions on how to create a course, click the "How do I create a course?" link to the left under Assessment.
These instructions are for granting viewing, editing, publishing or administrative access to ePortfolios for students that are already enrolled in a course or community. Students may enroll in a course or community if the faculty has specified in the enrollment settings that students may enroll in the course/community.
1) After logging in to Digication, select the ePortfolio you want to modify. Click Portfolio Tools on the top right corner of the page.
2) Click Settings in the dropdown menu.
3) Under Permissions, choose either Private within University of Alaska or Public. Do NOT set as Private.
4) An Additional Permissions box will appear. Type the course number or name of the course/community into the search field. Select the desired course/community.
5) You may change the permissions of faculty members and students. Leave students as viewers. If you change faculty to be administrators, they will receive every notification of comments that are left on your eportfolio. Most faculty ask to be set to viewer.
6) After the course or community has been added and permission settings are correct, scroll down to the bottom of the page and Save.
If you would like more information on this tutorial we have included a video by one of our partner schools, Salt Lake Community College. The video may contain some login information and system information pertaining to Salt Lake Community College, but by clicking the same buttons and entering your UA information into the fields provided you should be able to achieve the same results.
For more information please feel free to contact our tutors at: eWolfcoach@alaska.edu