Create a Wordle
"Wordle is a toy for generating 'word clouds' from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends." -Wordle.net
1. Go to Wordle.net and click the Create button on the top of the page.
2. Copy and paste text or type words into the textbox and when you are done, click Go. You can increase the size of some words relative to others by simply repeating them in the textbox.
3. You can adjust your Wordle using the tabs Edit, Language, Font, Layout, Color on the toolbar or pressing the button Randomize.
4. Take a screenshot of your Wordle to save it to the computer.
*Mac users: Hold down the following to select a portion of the screen to save: Command, Shift, 4. Then drag the cursor over the section you want to capture. It is automatically saved to the desktop as Picture or Screenshot.
*PC users: Search for the Snipping Tool to select a portion of the screen, and click Save As and save it to the desktop as Capture.
5. To upload the Wordle, make sure you are logged in and have clicked on the desired ePortfolio. You can either add a new Page, a new Section, or use a pre-existing page or section. Make sure you are in the Edit mode and upload it in an Image/Video/Audio Module (recommended), in a Rich Text Module using the Insert Media icon, or in a Gallery Module.
Good examples of Wordles can be found below