How to add a Video
There are many options for uploading media. The most common media source is YouTube.
Many students come to us and say "I used the YouTube URL and it gave me an error message."
In order to add a YouTube video to your eportfolio, you must use the video's embedded code rather than the direct link.
To Add a Video From Youtube:
1. First add an Image/Video/Audio module in your eportfolio.
2. Next click the Replace This Media tab.
3. A box with several options will appear. Click the Media From Web tab.
4. Choose your source of media from the drop-down menu next to Embed Source. The most common source of media is YouTube.
To get the embed code, open your YouTube video in a new tab. Click the Share button under the title of your video.
Under Share, click Embed. An embed link will appear.
5. Go back your eportfolio. Copy and Paste the embedded link into the box labeled Embed in the Image/Video/Audio module.
6. Select Done once this is complete. Be sure Save and Publish your work once it's completed so other can view it.
If you would like more information on this tutorial we have included a video by one of our partner schools, Salt Lake Community College. The video may contain some login information and system information pertaining to Salt Lake Community College, but by clicking the same buttons and entering your UA information into the fields provided you should be able to achieve the same results.
For more information please feel free to contact our tutors at: eWolfcoach@alaska.edu