How to Create an ePortfolio using a Template
1. Go to https://alaska.digication.com/.
2. Enter your UAA email and your password. Click Log in.
Image 1: UAA's Digication login screen.
This will take you to your main Digication page. If you do not see the main page, but a page like the one below, click Home in the upper left corner to take you to the main Digication page.
Image 2: Location of Home button in upper left corner.
3. Click the plus button to create your new ePortfolio.
4. Title your ePortfolio using your full name.
- If you are planning on using your ePortfolio to establish your digital presence and have a common name, consider using your middle name in addition to your first and last.
- The title of your ePortfolio will automatically become part of your ePortfolio's web address. If you would like a different address, you can change this by clicking on edit under ePortfolio Web Address.
5. To select a course template, find and click on your course template displayed in the Featured Menu. If not displayed, click on More Templates located to the right. Browse the templates by either My Courses (preferred) or All Templates. Once the appropriate template is found, click the Select button.
Click the My Course tab.
Select Current Courses and select the course with the ePortfolio template.
Click Select to work from this course template.
6. Leave Choose a Theme checked so that you use the selected template's theme*.
Image 6: Choose a theme box is selected.
*You may want to return to the Choose A Theme and uncheck the box in order to make any changes to the template, such as updating the directory icon, altering the banner, or adding a colored background.
7. Under Permissions*, click either Private Within University of Alaska or Public. ePortfolios that are Private Within University of Alaska will only be viewable by other students and faculty logged in to a UAA Digication account. Public ePortfolios can be viewed by anyone on the internet.
- If you are planning to include your ePortfolio in your resume or LinkedIn account, you must set Permissions to Public.
Image 7: Permissions settings
* Permissions now has a new feature for Private within University of Alaska and Public. You can create a portfolio and give access to selected individuals by opting into the Require password for access. To do this, check the Require password for access box and create a password. You will have to provide the password for ALL users, regardless if they have an eWolf account, so they can gain access to your portfolio.
8. Under Tagging, click Allow tags by all editors.
Image 8: Tagging Settings
- This will allow students, faculty, and ePortfolio Consultants to tag your ePortfolio. For example, if you create an exemplary ePortfolio for your ENGL A212 course, we will tag it as ENGL A212 which will allow others to find it by searching for the ENGL A212 tag.
9. Under Comments click allow comments from Registered Users.
10. Under Show Comments, click Do not show comments until they have been approved. Leave the Apply comment settings... checkbox unchecked
11. Scroll down and click Create New ePortfolio on the bottom left.
You should now be looking at your new ePortfolio.
The ePortfolio will reflect the course template.
To learn more about adding and editing sections, click on Sections under the Adding Content to your ePortfolio tab to your left.
To learn how to add a page to your ePortfolio, click on Pages under the Adding Content to your ePortfolio tab to your left.
To learn how to add content (words, images, videos) to your ePortfolio, click on Modules under the Adding Content to your ePortfolio tab to your left.