How to grant viewing access to my ePortfolio
These instructions are for granting viewing, editing, publishing or administrative access to your ePortfolio to faculty and student users who are already enrolled in a course or community, you may also do so right as you enroll in a course or community.
1) After logging in to Digication, select the ePortfolio you want to modify. Click Portfolio Tools on the top right corner of the page.
2) Click Settings in the dropdown menu.
3) Under Permissions, choose either Private within University of Alaska or Public.
4) A Custom Permissions box appeara in the section's bottom right corner. Type the course number or name of the course/community into the search field. Select the desired course/community. For a group project, you can search for classmates by their name or UAA username.
5) You may change the permissions of faculty members and students. Leave students as viewers. If you change faculty to be administrators, they will receive every notification of comments that are left on your eportfolio. Most faculty ask to be set to viewer.
6) After the course or community has been added and permission settings are correct, scroll down to the bottom of the page and Save.
If you would like more information on this tutorial we have included a video by one of our partner schools, Salt Lake Community College. The video may contain some login information and system information pertaining to Salt Lake Community College, but by clicking the same buttons and entering your UA information into the fields provided you should be able to achieve the same results.
For more information please feel free to contact our tutors at: eWolfcoach@alaska.edu