Before beginning, make sure you're logged in to https://alaska.digication.com. Select the ePortfolio you're working in, and follow the steps below.
A Section is a word or phrase at the top of the page that helps you to organize information into categories. Sections can be found under your banner below the tabs labeled View Sections and Add/Edit. When a new ePortfolio is created, there is one default section labeled Home. Below is a picture of what sections look like:
To Add a Section
1. Beneath the banner there are two tabs labeled View Sections and Add/Edit. To add a section, click the Add/Edit tab.
2. Click the Add Section button that appears on the lower right hand side of the section box.
3. Type the name of your new section and click Save.
To Hide a Section:
If you are not prepared for others to view what you are working on, you should consider ''hiding" your new section. To hide a section from viewers:
1. Click the Add/Edit tab below the ePortfolio's banner.
2. Click the pencil on paper icon next to the section you would like to hide. The section's editing box will appear.
3. Click Show Advanced underneath "Section Name:" text.
4. Check the Hide This Section box and then Save.
Your section should now appear in italic in the sections area indicating it is hidden from viewers. When you're ready to make the section viewable, follow steps 1 -4. For step 5, uncheck the Hide this section box and Save.
To Move a Section
1. To move a section, click the Add/Edit tab below the ePortfolio's banner.
2. Click and hold the section you want to move and drag the section to its desired location.
To Delete a Section
1. To delete a section, click the Add/Edit tab below the ePortfolio's banner.
2. Click the pencil on paper icon next to the section you would like to delete.
3. On the bottom right corner, click Delete this section. A verification box will appear double-checking that you'd like to delete the selection as well as notify you that this action cannot be undone. If you aren't sure, consider hiding the section.
**Your instructor created the course template for a reason. Please check with your instructor before making changes to the template's structure.