The journey through Life isn't an easy one, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun along the way!

Name:James Matthews
Email:jnmatthews@alaska.edu
Current Rank:College Graduate
Discipline:Civil Engineering (Hydraulics)
School/College:University of Alaska Anchorage/College of Engineering
Campus:Anchorage
Year in School:Alumni
Current Job Position:Hydraulic Engineer for the Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
LinkedIn page

To view click here

Resume

To view click here

I’m an Alumni of the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA). I graduated December of 2017 with my Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering specializing in Water Resources Engineering.  I currently work for the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) as a Hydraulic Engineer. The Corps’ objectives and values are to provide public engineering services to the Nation to strengthen our security, energize the economy, and develop capabilities to reduce risks from disasters. These align with my own objectives and goals as projects improving public safety, providing a better quality of life for others, and developing an environmentally safe future are of the utmost importance to me. I look to dedicate my work and personal life to others as God has given me so much in my life. I only hope I can give back to society a fraction, if not all, of what I have been blessed with.

Feel free to check out the rest of my electronic portfolio.  One of the activities I have taken to heart since living in Alaska is hiking.  I have taken a bunch of pictures over the years and I have uploaded a few of them on this website.  They can be found on the left-hand side of the screen or by clicking here.  I am also an Orthodox Christian.  If you would like to learn more about Orthodoxy you can find a link on the tab above or by clicking here.  If you would like to see examples of some of the experiences I have had out in the field or some of the skills I have acquired over the years, they can be found in the tabs above or by clicking here and here respectively. I have also included information about UAA's engineering program and what I have learned (click here). Thank you for viewing my e-portfolio.  Please feel free to leave feedback in the comments section below.