Outcome #1                                                             

Ability to identify problems and opportunities, develop related engineering design criteria, and formulate alternative solutions to meet client needs while protecting public health and safety using knowledge and skills learned in the civil undergraduate curriculum.

Applied Skills                      

Using the skills and knowledge that I learned throughout the civil engineering degree program, I was able to identify problems and opportunities for the Arctic Valley Snowmaking Project.  I identified that water storage is essential to a snowmaking system to flow smoothly, and something Alyeska has on their wish list.

I designed a three-step alternative process for the Anchorage Ski Club, so that they may take smaller steps, while they develop the proper finances for the project. I developed relative designs for this three-step process by compiling research and using engineering programs such as Civil 3D and AutoCAD.

As a project engineer for the water resources team, I had to take public health and safety into consideration by using skills I learned in my degree program's curriculum. This included designing my retention ponds for a 2-year flood.

Supporting documents can be viewed on the Completed Work page.