Outcome #4                        

Recognition of the need for and ability to engage in life‐long learning in the context of civil engineering professional practice.

Continuing Education          

Engineering is a profession that will always be needed. Why? Because it is a profession that learns and adapts with new technologies.  Not only does it adapt, but it welcomes change that makes production easier and safer for all parties.  This requires members of the engineering field to continue education throughout their lifetimes in order to be efficient, cost-effective, and safe.

Throughout this course, I learned that there is always more that one can learn. Many of the professors I went to for assistance on this project had never dealt with water storage for a snowmaking system before.  They had some ideas on where to start, but they would have to educate themselves more on the topic.  This is exciting news for me, for it reveals that no matter how experienced one may be, there is always more to learn.  This means an engineer's job is never boring (except for the piles of paperwork.)