Greetings,

Week one is over and grades have been posted.

Change to Unit 2: the CRAAP Cheat Sheet is not optional.  You will need to use this document for the evaluation exercises.

Broken Links: My apologies for this.  I just realized that the links to instructions for some assignments found in your personal portfolio (the one made from the course template) do not work.  The intent was to make finding the instructions very easy.  The solution is to locate and view the instructions from the Course website instead. Just navigate to the assignment within the course website and you will find the instructions there. The broken links will be found in: Unit 2 Article Analysis and Unit 2 Format Reflection; Unit 5 Database Exploration; Unit 6 QuickSearch Exploration; and Unit 7 Google Searching and Unit 7 Google Scholar Exploration.

Hi all,

Please check your settings for comments ... if you would change them to allow comments without approval, then I will be able to see all comments and can then give you the extra credit points.  Since the portfolios for this class are not public, there very little risk in opening up this portion of your portfolio.

Let me know if you have questions.  Thank you.

Whenever you post an assignment to your portfolio for this course, you must do two things.

1. Post your content to the portfolio (including publishing changes).
  2. Submit that section of your portfolio for grading.

Refer to this linked guide for step-by-step instructions.

This is the last week that I will accept late assignments without deducting points.Effective Sunday, June 5th,late assignments will have points deducted.

Hi all,

Just checking in with a reminder that the first real activity - Research Question - was due last Sunday. Not everyone has completed this assignment. The next assignment is due this evening - Taking Stock of What You Know.

Please contact me if you are having issues with either of these assignments. 

I need both so I can grade them tomorrow.

Thanks.

May 23, 2016

Hi,

We've had a couple students ask about tracking down portfolios of your classmates. Here are the steps: 

1. Log in to eWolf.

2. Click on Courses on the top left menu.

3. Select the course (in this case, LS A101) listed near the middle of the page.

4. From the menu UNDER the eWolf image, select People. (There is another link labeled People in the top left -- this is not the one you want.)

5. Scroll down to see a listing for each of your classmates. Click on the link that says [Student's Name]'s Portfolios.

6. Locate and click on the portfolio they made for this course.

You can comment using the comment tool at the bottom of the page, or, if the student has activated this feature, you can select the text you want to comment and leave the comment there.

Keep asking questions if you get stuck!

May 12, 2016

Welcome to LS 101!

I look forward to getting started with the semester, and working with all of you. To get started, take a look at this video tour of how the course is organized. Then find the "Start Here" link in the main navigation menu bear the top of this page (if you are viewing this on a handheld device, the menu may be in a different location). Though the class starts on Monday May 16th, you may start working on Unit 0 (the "Start Here" unit") and Unit 1 right away. The first due date for the course is May 18th at 11:59pm.

Kathy

Creative Commons License
LS 101 Introduction to Academic Library Research by UAA/APU Consortium Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.