One of the most important lessons that I have learned over and over again is that life never takes you quite where you expect it to, so you must play the game all the way to the end.  Whether you come out on top or the tide has suddenly turned against you with no warning - these are often the moments that define who we are and how we handle adversity.  My life has been marked by these types of changes - and the road that I set out on has led me down a very different path than where I expected it would take me.  Some of that has been by design or direct decision - but the most interesting changes have often come from the most unexpected of places.

Life will bring us reminders of the "sure thing" and the chaos that often ensues due to those "sure things".

I'm currently the Director, Digital Experience and Business Intelligence with General Communications Incorporated (GCI) in Anchorage, Alaska.  I have a passion for Business Intelligence and Data Analytics and consider myself fortunate to be working in the field that I love.  While technology has always been important for me - in my journey I have discovered that managing people is one of the most challenging and rewarding tasks that I can take on.  I believe that leadership skills can be grown and that leaders must be flexible and open to adaptation.  

I want to be able to coach and teach the people who work for me - and more importantly I want to continue to learn and grow from working with them.  I believe that being in charge has little to do with telling people what to do and more often has to do with guiding people as they make important decisions and provding direction, support and a framework for those decisions.

While work is a primary activity for me - I consider myself to have many dimensions - volunteer, student, father and writer.  I have a big life - full of amazing people and experiences.  I have tried to include as many aspects of myself in this work - so please take a look around and feel free to provide feedback or ask questions.