Educational Objective and Philosophy

I teach my students.  They learn from me.  My students teach me.  I learn from my students.  I am an educator.  My objective is to work energetically to promote the purposeful uses of integrative learning strategies enhanced by instructional technologies to build interactive, student-centered learning environments that evoke inquiry, creative thinking, and discovery for ALL students.  My mission is to support and empower ALL faculty as they construct engaging, learning places using 21st Century pedagogies and  technologies that assure student graduate capabilities.  I believe and follow John Dewey’s philosophy that education is a social process. “Education is not a preparation for life; education is life itself.”   It is the responsibility of educators to teach beyond the classroom, beyond the discipline, and encourage students to apply relevant learning connections to all areas of their lives.  Learning is life and the process is lifelong.  When we stop learning, we stop evolving.  The number one responsibility of an educator is to instill the joys and wonders of learning in ALL students and ignite their desire for continued inquiry, experimentation, and discovery over a lifetime.  Educators open doors to life.  I am an educator.