I was raised by an Ohio History teacher and learned from his stories and songs.  He told stories about everything and everyone.  If he wasn't telling a story, he was singing a nonsensical storyline in a song.  He was a master storyteller and he painted vivid illustrations with words in our minds.  His students, including me, to this day, remember Brady's Leap, the defeat of the British in the Battle of Lake Erie, Tecumseh's defeat at the Battle of Tippecanoe; and, we can sing the names of all 88 counties in Ohio.  I continue his legacy as a historian by telling stories with my pictures and videos.  Yes, every picture tells a story.  This section of my portfolio is dedicated to my father, John P. McCoy, educator and master storyteller.

I always laughed with Dad as he told his stories and sang his songs.

Crismon memories ready to blossom and bloom in love.  

-Nancy Wozniak, UAA Campus, 5/14/2016  

Got my 10,00 steps in that day.  The air was full of floral fragrances and freshly mowed grass.  I was flooded with memories of my dad and childhood as I walked.