Welcome!

Within this ePortfolio, I have documented my experiences as a linguistics research intern at the University of Alaska Anchorage during the fall semester of 2015.

I naively skipped into this internship thinking that I would be able to playfully explore my developing linguistic interests.  Instead, I crawled out of a collapsing tunnel on the other side with a balding scalp, a crippling fear of Microsoft Excel, a bloody voodoo doll of my professor, and a "redefined" understanding of what it means to "do research."  

As shown by the tabs above, I have divided this ePortfolio into a variety of sections and subsections that unfold the narrative of my experience.  

• The "About Me" section provides a brief snapshot of my non-academic interests, my curriculum vitae, and a contact forum.  
  • The "About the Course" section explains the detailed requirements of this particular internship.  
  • The "Objectives" section showcases how my personal goals evolved throughout the coursework.
  • The "Reflections" section hides the gem of my ePortfolio - a personal blog that candidly doccuments my experience.   
  • The "Deliverables" section lists the five research matrices I complied throughout the semester.  
  • The "Evaluations" section contains my mid-semester progress report and two evaluations of my performance.  

Happy reading!