My name is Yemi Knight and since the age of 18, I cemented my goal to become a conservationist. A core belief of mine is, like other organisms, humans owe a portion of their time to ensuring the earth is respected and conserved. In essence, I want to utilize my knowledge and time to mitigate environmental damage.

While in secondary school, I was the public relations officer for my school's environmental club. As I transitioned to college, I was inducted to a biological honor society, known as Tri Beta, whose goal is to improve society's perspective on environmental research and knowledge. Currently, I volunteer my time when possible to restore coral reefs with a Coral Reef Restoration Alliance stationed in Holetown, Barbados, while pursuing a Bachelors in Environment and Society at the University of Alaska Anchorage.

Aside from my schooling, I am a determined track athlete who had the opportunity to compete across the globe and various states in the U.S. These experiences have granted me the ability to work with a variety of individuals, adapt to any situation, and respect people regardless of their beliefs or ideologies.